Full-time, U.S.-based remote, $125k–$175k
We're looking for a hands-on Product Designer.
Status Hero is an async communication tool for teams. It provides a simple way for teams to stay in sync, kill meetings, and work better together.
The company is bootstrapped and profitable, but we've got bigger ambitions for helping teams and companies collaborate effectively. So we've raised a round of funding from tech industry insiders to build a tight-knit core team of experienced professionals and go after the vision.
Everyone at Status Hero is responsible for design to some extent, and so far we've managed to design an experience with a minimal aesthetic that solves problems for our customers and attracts new teams to the platform every day.
But we need someone like you to take things up a notch and apply more formal UX and UI design processes to our product. You'll be responsible for developing a deep understanding of our customer, working with the rest of the team to understand product strategy and positioning, and developing a system for refining existing features and adding new ones. We push to production daily, and your work will be in front of thousands of teams and users right from the get-go.
Day-to-day, you'll be working remotely with a handful of smart, driven, and interesting people. This is a startup, but the focus here is not on putting in hours and burning out, but instead calmly and sustainably using your creative energy to assemble something lasting and impactful.
You'll have ownership in this role, and that's how it's compensated. The starting salary is up to $175k alongside a generous equity package.
- Demonstrable experience in web application product design
- User experience design fundamentals, including customer research, personas, user stories, and information hierarchy
- User interface design fundamentals, including color theory, typography, iconography, and visual hierarchy
- Familiarity with commonly used product design tools and software
- Basic knowledge of the DOM, HTML, and CSS. Familiarity with GitHub a plus.
- Understanding of modern responsive design constraints
- Understanding of web accessiblity requirements
- Customer-facing communication skills
Status Hero is a different kind of startup. We're funded and profitable, but there's only a handful of us. You will have the opportunity to make an outsized impact while working remotely at your own pace.
Perks and benefits include unlimited vacation, flexible hours, remote stipend, and professional development support.