A Brief Walkthrough
I'm Henry Poydar, founder.
I've been building software and leading teams for over 20 years.
Here are my profiles on
We Scratched an Itch
Our software firm built Status Hero because we needed it
We discovered that these needs are common to many teams, so we turned the tool into a product
Because of Status Hero, we now
deliver better software
The goal of this deck is to help you understand how Status Hero can
you and your team
Noisy Data Streams
You and your team are inundated with notifications from all of your tools and systems:
Parsing It All Is Hard
- Who did what vs. what was expected?
Who's doing what, towards what goals?
- Who needs help?
- What wins can be celebrated?
- How long will planned work take?
Stand-Ups Help. Sort Of.
- Data is ephemeral, lost when the meeting ends
- You need yesterday's data to see if goals are met
- Hard to schedule, more so if team is distributed
- Start and stop overhead is time consuming
- Participants often distracted
- Nobody likes meetings
Heroic: Brief Check-Ins, Clear Reports
Team members respond to mobile-friendly check-in notifications over your established channels.
No new apps, installs, or registrations.
Later on, a summary report is distributed to the team and stakeholders.
- Understand 'who did what' at a glance
- Emphasis on goal-oriented progress vs. task minutiae
- Individual intentions are transparent to you and team
- Blocking issues surfaced so you can quickly mitigate
- Team members are promptly able to help each other out
- Frees up time for you to focus on relationships instead of logistics
Benefits Over Time
- Team members get better at setting expectations
- You get better at estimating planned work
- Project context is understood by all
- Small wins are able to be recognized, celebrated
- Data for retros and 1-on-1s is at the ready
- Lots of expensive developer time is saved
Beautiful graphs so you and your team can instantly visualize their productivity and efficiency
Magic link check-ins so your team members won't need to log in or download an app
Activity summaries for each of your team members from GitHub, Jira, Teamwork, Trello, Pivotal Tracker, and more
Time zone aware for teams working across multiple geographies
Customizable reminder times, reporting frequencies, holidays, and check-in questions
Holidays and vacations can be configured for the team or individual team members
Multiple teams are easy to set up. Switch between teams on the fly
Activity stream of events from all of your team's tools, all in place, and in real-time.
Archived updates so you can drill down by date or team member
Comments, reactions, and @mentions so your team members can quickly help each other out
#hashtags can be pre-defined or created on the fly to categorize check-ins
Integrations with Slack, GitHub, Jira, Zapier, Trello, Pivotal, webhooks, and more
Observer mode for managers or stakeholders who just want to view check-ins without participating
Markdown and emoji support so check-ins can be formatted to suit the needs of your team
Your data is yours.
Status Hero neither shares nor sells any organizational or personal information.
Your data is secure.
All data is encrypted in transit and at rest. Field-level encryption is also available for check-ins.
Our systems are backed-up, monitored, scanned and upgraded around the clock.
Read more about our security practices
Add a credit card and we'll automatically bill and invoice every month
Plans start at
per month for each active user
No long-term commitment, cancel at anytime
Meetings are expensive.
Teams using Status Hero typically
save upwards of $60K a year.
You're in Good Company
- Thousands of check-ins processed each hour from around the world
- Trusted by start-ups, agencies, and publicly traded enterprises
- Featured in app directories for Slack, Atlassian, WeWork and more
Sign up and set up only takes a minute or two.
You'll be able to send a test check-in notification right away.